Introduction

Hey All! I'm so excited to take you with me to explore bicycle transportation in Denmark and The Netherlands via my blog! A little bit about me, my name is Claressa and I'm studying sustainable transportation, and am super excited about active transportation. This summer I'll be going on the University of Oregon's Sustainable Bicycle Transportation in Europe. There's a fantastic group of people going and I'm so excited to hit the road! That's all for now, catch ya on the flip side!


Glossary:

Active Transportation: transportation through human power, think skate boarding, walking, roller blading, biking... It's great for the planet and can have tons of other benefits like exercise! 

Sustainable Transportation: "Sustainable transportation is the capacity to support the mobility needs of a society in a manner that is the least damageable to the environment and does not impair the mobility needs of future generations."*

 

Sources:

Partnership for Active Transportation: https://www.railstotrails.org/partnership-for-active-transportation/why/

*The Geography of Transport Systems: https://transportgeography.org/contents/chapter4/transportation-sustainability-decarbonization/




Comments

Popular Posts